Vice President of Global Sales
Come join one of the fastest growing private companies in America! Votigo was just named #242 on the Inc. 500|500 list for 2012. Votigo is a leading social media marketing & promotions company offering software that allows brands, agencies and enterprises to attract, engage, and manage their audiences across social channels. Votigo's social marketing suite includes Cross-Channel Promotions, Engagement Apps, Conversation Manager, Social CRM, and Analytics. Votigo is a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer and a Google Engagement Solutions Developer. With offices in the San Francisco Bay Area, Boulder, CO, and Hyderabad, India, Votigo has global capabilities. Known for its flexibility, the Votigo platform has been utilized in countries around the globe and in over 40 languages. Votigo has worked with leading brands and agencies including Ford, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Coca-Cola, Intel, Aol, Sharpie, Sears, DraftFCB, Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Ogilvy, Wunderman, and Arnold Worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Vice President of Global Sales to build and lead our direct sales team. This exciting role is perfect for someone with a very strong track record in selling enterprise SaaS based marketing technology to leading brands and has an entrepreneurial spirit to build a great team to help Votigo grow to the next level. The VP of Global Sales will report to the CEO and will be a member of the company's senior management team. The right candidate will bring a perfect blend of the art and science of software sales with a disciplined go-to-market approach, deep understanding of KPIs along with great talent hiring and team building ability. This position requires a long track record of successfully selling into the CMO, CIO, digital marketing, multi-channel marketing, eCRM and content marketing functions of medium to large sized national and international brands.
This position is based in either our San Francisco Bay Area or Boulder, CO office with some travel required.
- Hire, train and scale an exceptional team of regional and account directors
- Ensure your team consistently hits quotas for SaaS subscription business (new bookings and renewals)
- Identify, prospect and directly penetrate Global 2000 marketing organizations
- Develop complex account strategies and regional/vertical business plans
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service through pre- and post-sales activities
- Develop presentations, proposals and materials to facilitate sales cycles and transactions
- Refine the compensation and sales incentive programs
- Ensure thorough on-boarding and training across the whole team including Inbound Lead Qualifiers, Sales Development Representatives, Account Executives and Account Managers.
- Play a key role in product pricing discussions.
- Help to set and achieve the company's annual sales goal
- Consistently meet or exceed sales goals, demonstrating focused sales efforts, understanding of Votigo's business model, and an understanding of the internet advertising and promotions environment
- Manage accounts effectively in order to drive recurring revenue and increase the level of participation by clients
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of online media sales experience, including meaningful digital experience. Social Media promotions sales a major plus.
- Proven ability to close large transactions (six+ figures) and consistent achievement against quota
- Proven track record building and scaling successful sales organizations
- Exceptional people management skills (empathy, empowerment, leadership, development, etc.)
- Superb strategic thinking, strong quantitative analysis, exceptional communication skills
- Prior experience working for a SAAS based company
- Strong contacts with consumer products marketers, ad agencies, PR firms, digital agencies and promotional firms
- Experience managing a team of global Sales Associates
- Passion for digital, technology, and social media; capacity for leading markets and trends; rich knowledge of modern Internet technology stack including web, mobile, Facebook and other frameworks
- Experience presenting to C-level executives.
A competitive salary and equity plan is available as well as medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). Come be part of an exciting company poised to take over the social media marketing technology industry.
How to apply:
- Include the title of the position in the subject line
- Include a brief cover letter highlighting your talents and experience in the email
- Include a resume, attached as a Word, PDF or text file